25 July 2005

Lookit What I Made!

At long, long last...tonight I finished and hung the Roman blinds I made for the French doors in our dining room. They were actually pretty simple to make. What took ages was figuring out how to hang the bloody things without putting holes in our steel doors. A. finally arrived at an ingenious solution involving wooden battens and rare-earth magnets.

Here's what they look like - one blind raised and one lowered:


And here's a closeup of my handiwork:


I'm well pleased with how they turned out, let me tell you. This is the first time I've ever made blinds. I've already got the ones for the living room cut out and will start sewing them this week. Now that I've figured out all the various design issues, these ones shouldn't take nearly as long.

No comments: