20 July 2005

Social Butterfly

This week, my social calendar is packed full. This almost never happens. It's so unusual that I felt I should blog about it. Cripes, how sad is that?

To wit:
  1. Tonight we have VIP tix for a show at the Atlantic Jazz Festival, on in Halifax at the moment.
  2. Tomorrow we're having dinner with friends whom I haven't seen since my wedding, six years ago.
  3. Friday night there's a farewell dinner at a Thai restaurant downtown, for the Vietnamese and Filipinos who have been here these last two weeks attending the workshop I coordinated. Now if we can just hold off on the fog Saturday, so their flights all actually leave Halifax Airport....
  4. Saturday night our neighbours across the road are having a party. Whoohoo.
  5. Sunday afternoon, we've invited all the neighbours on our street (which has a grand total of just six houses) around for drinks on our deck. A 'getting to know you' kind of thing, since we've never met most of them. More libations to the weather gods!

No comments: