17 August 2005

Back to the Grind

Back to the office today - holidays all over. Feh.

However, lots of changes in the pipeline. Come the first of September, I should be shedding the clerical stuff I (admittedly not often) get saddled with, as we are hiring a fulltime Admin Assistant for the unit at long last - we interview tomorrow. This means that, for 20% of my time, I will now become the 'Information Administrator' - primarily responsible for the unit's website. Quite looking forward to that - I enjoy web stuff and would really like to do a redesign of the current site, which looks hopelessly ancient.


However, Personnel came back not long ago with a response to my new job description, to say that they didn't think my new duties justified a salary reclassification - which is ludicrous. However, the boss says she'll try again for a reclassification (and corresponding pay raise) in early October, once I've passed the six-month mark in permanent employment and have actually assumed my new duties. It would be nice to have the recognition, although it won't make a huge difference in terms of my pay packet (80% of my time is still devoted to the project I administer). So we'll see.

No comments: