30 November 2005

New Bed?

Our house has three bedrooms (with possibilities for a fourth), but not enough bedroom furniture. Our main guest bedroom is downstairs on the main floor, and I've been planning to get a queen-size bed for it. We already have two single beds, which are upstairs in the second guest bedroom. But it would be nice to accommodate visiting couples with a proper bed, instead of those two singles pushed together.

The problem, as always, is a limited budget. I want something decent, but given that the bed will only have occasional use, I don't want to spend very much. So I've been keeping an eye on the want ads for a gently-used bed. And I think I may have found a good one at last.

The mattress and boxspring are five years old and were bought for a spare room. The frame, however, consists of a wrought-iron headboard, footboard and canopy (!). The seller sent me a couple of pictures. This is the standard configuration:



And with canopy attached:

Obviously, this is rather more than we need. But the seller is only asking $350 for the lot, which seems a bit of a bargain to me. I've offered her $300, so we'll see what she says.

No comments: