10 December 2005

An Unexpected Letter

Checking my backlog of e-mail earlier today, I found this lovely message and some accompanying photos:

------ Forwarded Message

From: "dean w."

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:16:29 -0800

Subject: Hello from Seattle


Hi, Jen (of "Jen and Jana's Trip To The Loire Valley 2002").


My girlfriend and I just got back on Tuesday from a trip to the Loire Valley.


Months ago, in preparation for the trip I'd Googled "Loire Valley Travelogue" and came across your excellent and very helpful description of your travels there.


Jean and I stayed at "La Chaussee" with Madame and then spent 3 great days at "Le Moulin du Fief Gentil".


The mill is now run by a very outgoing, wonderful woman, Florence, and her husband, Francois-Xavier. I'm sure you'd enjoy meeting them. They purchased the mill from Ann and Roger. The mill and its new owners were a real find.


Jean and I just wanted to thank you for posting
your very well written travelogue! It was fun to read and very helpful!

Happy Travels.


Dean/Jean
Seattle, Washington, USA
------


Isn't that brilliant? I've gotten a few messages like this over the years and I'm always floored by them. Reminded me, though, that I really need to go back to all my travelogues (not just the
Loire one, above) and update the links, many of which have expired. Must make a note to do that, in my copious free time. ;-)

No comments: