01 January 2006

It's 2006

Our NYE festivities stretched over two evenings this year. Fancy!

Unable to get decent reservations for last night at a restaurant we've been meaning to try, Da Maurizio, we went there on Friday night instead. And it was excellent - the cuisine is Northern Italian, the dining room is very elegant, and the service quite good. I had white bean and pancetta soup, pumpkin ravioli (which I last sampled years ago in Northern Italy...ahh) with duck, and veal tenderloin. Delicious. But I was so stuffed that I couldn't manage any dessert, which was quite disappointing. I'll just have to go back, I suppose. *sigh*

Last night, on NYE itself, we had planned a quiet night in with a bottle of champers and a few movies. But our friends M. and K. were in town and decided to throw a last-minute party. As evenings with those two are always a guaranteed good time, we didn't hesitate to accept their invitation. And quite a good evening was had, culminating with some rather shambolic dancing to old U2 and Abba records at 1.00 a.m. Oh dear.

No comments: