10 January 2006

New Boss

Bit of a bombshell dropped at work this afternoon. It seems that my immediate boss G. (who is director of the project I'm working on) is taking early retirement. He'll finish working in June this year. Unclear whether he's entirely happy with this decision, which is somewhat odd.

G. has already been in discussion with P., the Big Boss and overall director of our unit, about who will take over the project. The decision has been made to draft in B., one of the current project team leaders. So B. will be my new boss eventually. I hope it will all work out OK. When I first started working, I got the impression that B. thought I was a bit of a nitwit. But we seem to have been getting along better these last couple months, so hopefully that bodes well for a good working relationship in future.

I suspect, in the medium term, that this will mean another move of office for me, and one hell of a lot more work. Good opportunity to step up and show P. what I can do, though.

No comments: