13 January 2006

Weird Weather

Surely it's very dull to blog about the weather. But it's just been so strange the last two months.

Other than one (relatively minor) snowstorm in early December, we've not really had winter at all. There's been very little snowfall (the ground is bare at the moment) and temperatures have mostly been hovering around the freezing mark.

This past week has been especially ridiculous - mild and rainy. Yesterday when I left for work, it was +9 degrees! Since Christmas, most days have been a few degrees above zero. I've abandoned my winter coat and boots, and gone back to my fall coat. Not that I'm complaining, mind. I'm happy to have no snow at the moment, as we'll surely get socked at some point.

It's just quite odd. What we're experiencing at the moment is more like winter in Ireland or England, not Canada.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Maybe it's Grandma! You know how much she enjoyed the long winter. ;)