16 February 2006

Ticket Anxiety

I'll be in a ticket-buying frenzy for the Metro Centre tomorrow and Saturday.

Tomorrow morning, tickets go on sale for INXS, who are playing Halifax on 9 May. Never been a big INXS fan, but they're not bad. And given that their new singer, JD Fortune, is from the back woods of Pictou County, NS, the place will probably be packed to the rafters. Anyway, it will probably not be a bad evening's entertainment, and it will be a good excuse to get a gang together - W. and G. will likely come with us, and maybe a few others.

On Saturday morning, tickets go on sale for the Juno Awards, which are being hosted here this year on 2 April. Not at all sure I'll be successful in getting tickets for that - the demand is going to be massive, but I'll try. Coldplay are scheduled to perform - Coldplay!! Not that I'm a rabid fan of them either, mind, but they're huge. I'm rather more excited by the possibility of seeing Broken Social Scene, myself. I had hoped that Stars and/or the Arcade Fire would perform too, but it's unlikely. The Juno nominations were announced this morning and I was quite shocked to see that the Arcade Fire have been nominated in a mere two categories (Songwriters and Video of the Year). What the hell?!? Whatever.

I feel like I should go to these shows just because I can. Ten years ago, almost no international acts ever included Halifax in their tours, but since I moved back to Nova Scotia I've been astonished by the acts that are beginning to come here. Anyway, we'll see how I do - or rather, how the Metro Centre's new online ticketing system copes with the rush.

No comments: