27 April 2006

I Love a Bargain

Last night, we finally took delivery on some furniture for the guest bedroom downstairs. For about six months now, I've been actively looking for a nice, gently-used queen size bed for that room. It actually proved quite difficult to find what I was looking for, and more than once I spotted something I liked, only for the seller to withdraw.

Anyway, courtesy of a graduating Dal law student, we now have a nice set from Ikea which is only about 18 months old. We got this bed frame, this mattress, and this matching bedside table. To buy all of that new from Ikea would have cost over $750, plus tax and shipping. But we got the lot for $180, total. Needless to say, I'm quite chuffed. :-)

We've now moved the two twin beds we had from my in-laws to the other spare bedroom upstairs. It will be rather nice to offer a proper bed to visiting couples. Until now, we've had to push the two twins together - which mightn't have been so bad, except that they're not the same model of bed, and one is slightly higher than the other. Heh.

No comments: