13 April 2006

New Neptune Season

Got a notice in the post yesterday announcing Neptune Theatre's line-up for the 2006-07 season. It looks great - thankfully, much lighter and more varied than this year's. Very promising bunch of plays, too - works by Harold Pinter, Arthur Miller, Aaron Sorkin and Neil LaBute amongst them. Othe other hand, the musical that's been chosen for next year is Beauty and the Beast - the Disney version. Oh well. Still, it's safe to say that we'll definitely be renewing our subscriptions for next year.

I might get tickets for the Christmas show at the same time - they're doing Oliver! this year, which is an old favourite of mine, and could be very jolly for the holidays. I know every word of that show - my school put on a production of Oliver! when I was in Grade 3, and I used to stay after school every day to watch the rehearsals, even when I wasn't needed. Which was often, as I was only a lowly strawberry seller in the cast. I tried out for the female lead, but was devastated to be informed that I was too short for the role. All the best parts ended up going to the Grade 6 kids. Life is, like, SO unfair that way. *stamps foot*

No comments: