22 April 2006

Tuesdays With Morrie

Another Saturday, another show at Neptune. Tonight's show was the last in the Studio Series this year - Tuesdays With Morrie, based on the gazillion-selling memoir by Mitch Albom. Went to the show in somewhat cynical mode. That book is the stuff of classic Oprah-style schmaltz, with its story of a man reunited with his dying college mentor and learning What Is Truly Important In Life. But I had to admit that it was touching, and the performances were very competent.

As A. is presently off on yet another army weekend, L. joined me for the show. Beforehand, she and I had supper with M. at Piccolo Mondo again. It really is a very good restaurant, with a more sophisticated menu than is usual for this city. I had marinated, grilled wild boar for supper - very very tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday with Morrie
By, Mitch Albom
Fiction
True Story

My Opinion:

I think that this book is really good. It talks all about what happens to people before they die. Also, I think that Mitch Albom has talked about what happens to people before they die. This book has really changed my opinion about life. It has taught me to live life to the fullest. Also like Morrie says, "Love each other, or perish". I really think that people should read this book in the seventh grade to college. If people read this book they can actually change how they act in life.