05 August 2006

Goin' to the Stones

On Monday, I bought tickets for the Rolling Stones show that's happening on the Commons September 23rd. I couldn't blog about it right away, though, because I'd bought tickets for my parents also, as an early Christmas present. I let them know about it a few days ago and they were really happy. My dad is a huge Stones fan and my mother really likes them too. I was very surprised to find out that my dad has never seen them live - I thought he had, in Toronto back in the 60s. So I'm even more pleased with myself now, for getting those tickets!

The support acts were confirmed yesterday - Alice Cooper (ehhh), Halifax indie heroes Sloan (mmm), and Grammy-winning hip-hop supahstah Kanye West (holy CRAP!). Not that I'm a massive Kanye fan or anything, but he's HUGE - scoring him is another major coup for this humble city.

No comments: