29 October 2006

Eragon

Last night while watching TV, I chanced upon the trailer for Eragon, which is being released in theatres just before Christmas. I had no idea they were even making this movie. And the portents are all good - the trailer was promising, and the cast looks great (Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Sienna Guillory and Robert Carlyle all star, amongst others).

I've been meaning to read the book (and its sequel, Eldest) for years now. I've heard plenty of good things about it, though it's perhaps most notable for the fact that the author, Christopher Paolini, started writing it at the age of fifteen. I've been thinking about what book(s) to take with me to Asia, to get me through those long flights, and I think Eragon will be ideal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film. The last five years or so, I've gotten quite used to having a dose of epic fantasy filmmaking at Christmastime, what with the Lord of the Rings movies, various Harry Potters, and the first Narnia film last year. It looks like this year, Eragon will fit the bill nicely.

1 comment:

Jennith said...

I've been dying to read those books.. they have such nice tempting looking covers.

:D

Jenn