28 December 2006

Boxing Week

Just back last night from travels to Cape Breton and an overnight stay with my in-laws. Had a nice quiet Christmas, with a satisfying haul of choccies, booze, and books/DVDs, as well as some nice glassware/crystal and a spa gift cert (whoo hoo). Perhaps the most interesting thing I received, however, was a year's subscription to Bitch magazine, courtesy of J. It's billed as a 'feminist response to pop culture', which is just up my street. The first issue was delivered to me before J. told me she'd gotten me a subscription, though, so when I first looked at it I wondered if some anonymous person was trying to tell me something. ;-)

Hit the shops first thing this morning in search of a few items and was home by noon, when the crowds started getting crazy. I snagged a lighted makeup mirror for my dressing table (for those dark winter mornings), matching new bed linens, a pillow and a comforter for the spare room upstairs, wrapping paper, gift boxes and Christmas cards for next year, and new undergarments. :-D

No comments: