09 January 2007

First Night

Whew. Well, I'm happy to report that tonight's class went quite well, all things considered.

My delivery wasn't too bad, and was timed perfectly. And the students were a surprise - quite keen compared to the Brits I taught before (though those were first-years...but still). They were very punctual and we actually got started on time. And during the break, they even asked me questions! (I'm more used to being stared at blankly.) They're bold too - one of them asked me to talk about my background. Cheek. ;-)

Granted, they all looked pretty wiped out by the time 9.30 pm rolled around...but hell, so was I. I'm surprised they were as attentive as they were, given the length of the class and the late hour.

Good stuff all around. Really looking forward to seeing what the next few weeks bring.

No comments: