04 February 2007

The Love List

Last night was our first Neptune night of 2007 - and was I ever in need of a break. Very funny play called The Love List, written by a New Brunswick playwright called Norm Foster. Neptune doesn't often stage riotous comedies, so it made for a great change. At one point, near the end of the first act, one of the actors ended up doing a little improvisation and both the audience and the other guy on stage were laughing so hard that we had to applaud, to give them a moment to pull themselves together. ;-)

Before the show, we had dinner at Sweet Basil Bistro. I have only been there once before - some twelve years ago! I don't know why it took me so long to go back - I hadn't realised it's owned by the Scanway catering folks. As a result, it was very good - delicious food, and a lovely, cosy dining room. We'll definitely be going back there again.

No comments: