14 March 2007

Jeez, Was It Something I Said?

Had a skeleton crew in my class last night. Normally, I have between 20-25 people each week (out of a total class of what now numbers 29). Last night, though, only 12 showed up - and I lost five of those during the break halfway through.

I think it's probably because of this time of year - most essays for arts courses will be due this week and next (mine are due next week) and a lot of students are skipping class to work on their essays instead. Which, I suppose, is understandable - but I'm a bit worried about it all the same, since last night's lecture was possibly the most important of the entire second half of this course. The topic was nineteenth-century politics and reform - one hundred years in two hours. *whooooosh*

[Note to self: may need to change the order of my lectures next time I teach this course, to schedule the most important ones well before essay deadlines.]

No comments: