12 May 2007

Gordon Lightfoot = the Business

Gordon Lightfoot show at the Metro Centre tonight. Very good stuff! Mind you, the voice is getting a bit reedy nowadays (he is 67, after all), but he put on a very professional performance, and he's a real gent. Oh, and he opened the show with "Cotton Jenny" - bless.

I'll post the setlist here tomorrow - it's not available online just yet. Here's the setlist. There were quite a few classics I'd have loved to hear tonight, but didn't ("Softly", "Song for a Winter's Night", "Mountains and Marion"). I suppose that's inevitable when you're dealing with a back catalogue spanning 40+ years. But damn it, I see he played "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" in Moncton last night - really sorry I didn't get to hear that one.

Cotton Jenny
Carefree Highway
Sea Of Tranquility
14 Karat Gold

Never Too Close

In My Fashion
A Painter Passing Through

Rainy Day People

Shadows

Beautiful

The Watchman's Gone

Ribbon Of Darkness
Sundown

The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald (yah!!)

INTERMISSION (yes, a 20-minute intermission between sets!)

Triangle
Hangdog Hotel Room

Restless
Clouds Of Loneliness
Waiting For You
Make Way For The Lady
If You Could Read My Mind
Baby Step Back
Early Morning Rain (did you know Elvis recorded this? I didn't)
Blackberry Wine
Old Dan's Records

No comments: