23 July 2007

Black Bunneh

There's a new fosterling in our house. This bun came home with A. last week. Someone brought her into the clinic - said she'd belonged to one of their neighbours. Apparently the neighbours moved away, and simply abandoned her - 'setting her free' in the backyard. Naturally, she just hopped around in people's gardens for a few days before A.'s client picked her up and brought her in.

She is all black, with lovely soft fur. And she has a very sweet, gentle temperament. She's obviously been handled a lot, because it's easy to pick her up, and she tolerates being held quite well (most rabbits hate being picked up and held). I can't imagine A. will have any difficulty in finding a good home for her.

If we didn't already have two rabbits of our own, I'd be tempted to keep this one. But we just can't house four rabbits permanently - remember, we've still got Gnasher on our hands. I don't know what in the hell we're going to do with that animal. We've been fostering her for almost a year now, and she's as evil as ever - I still have to wear leather gloves when I approach her, otherwise she'd take a chunk out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't look at me!
/tries not to make eye contact/

Seriously, tho', she's v. cute. Maybe you could give Gnasher to a zoo or a travelling sideshow: "Come see the carniverous rabbit, the monster of the deeps!"