05 August 2007

Holiday Sunday

Beautiful, warm sunny day today, so we decided to take advantage and head out to Tantallon for the afternoon. Spent a couple of hours on my in-laws' sailboat, out on St. Margaret's Bay, which was extremely nice (we'd originally planned to go out yesterday, but it was too foggy).

At dinnertime, we headed down the coast to Hubbards, and went to the Shore Club there. I was thinking last week that I couldn't remember the last time I've had a lobster supper. The Shore Club has been doing them for decades, and it's quite famous, so I thought it was high time we checked it out. It turned out to be really good. I snarfed down a pile of mussels and a modestly-sized canner, after hitting the salad bar and before tucking into blueberry shortcake for dessert. I must say, though, it was probably the fanciest lobster supper I've ever been to, and quite touristy. Though that's perhaps not saying much, when you grow up with lobster suppers served off styrofoam plates at community fire halls, as the norm.

I think we'll have to make it a regular summertime event. Scrummo!

No comments: