08 September 2007

Dreams

I've been having some unusually vivid, wacked-out dreams nearly every night for the past week.

In one, someone had given me a broken plastic tiara to fix. As I was sitting there trying to figure out what to do with it, I looked down at my right arm and was very puzzled to find I was wearing three wristwatches. I bet some dream analyst would tell me there was all kinds of symbolism in that, but alas, I don't know any dream analysts.

Around mid-week, I had another dream in which I was a dragon. I sometimes took human form (as a man), and there were these two other dragons/men who were after me. And I was flying through the sky, and then through some sort of cave, trying to get away from them...only turning around to belch fire at my pursuers from time to time. Damn you, Christopher Paolini (and possibly also those peppers I ate).

Last night's dream was much more straightforward. I had tickets to see a big show by my favourite band, in New York (or it may have been Paris). But about a week before the show, the bassist announced he was leaving the band. This was disappointing enough...but then, just before the show itself, the keyboardist died. In the dream, I was sitting with a friend and fellow fan, watching endless TV reports on the keyboardist's death, as we sobbed and drank champagne in his honour. When I woke up, there were tears streaming down my face.

I think I'm ready for a few nights of undisturbed slumber, now.

No comments: