06 October 2007

Vintage Shopping

Halifax has a number of nice vintage and second-hand clothing boutiques (along with Frenchy's, which is ubiquitous throughout Nova Scotia - but that's a different class of place altogether). I don't visit these shops nearly as often as I'd like to, but while downtown today I popped in for a browse at Elsie's and The Clothes Horse on Queen Street - neither of which I'd been in before.

Both were really nice, with a choice selection of quite attractive stuff on offer. Of course I didn't leave without buying something. I scored this great little bargain for myself:


And yes, it's real fur - mink, I believe. It looks brownish in the photo, but it's actually more of a silver-grey colour. And the label indicates that it was produced for the Fur Salon at Eaton's, so that will give you some idea of its age. It seems to be in great condition. The price? Only $60 (including tax). I couldn't let it get away!

I've got a (potential) red carpet event looming next month. I wonder if I dare trot it out...

No comments: