20 January 2008

Atonement

Went to see Atonement at the cinema tonight. It was excellent, though fairly heart-wrenching (I think I'd better go read the novel now). Beautifully acted; although I usually find Keira Knightley a bit annoying, I have to admit she was excellent in this film, and perfect for her part. She and James McAvoy had great chemistry as the doomed lovers. And I had no idea that Vanessa Redgrave was also part of the cast! That was a treat to see.

Of course, as soon as I got home, I Googled to find out more about the wonderful country-house setting for the first half of the film, Stokesay Court in Shropshire.
Beyond the pathos of the story, the film was incredibly beautiful to look at. It made me long for summer...and England. I need to go back there soon, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

England...

Where's we goin'?

What're we doin?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!