19 March 2008

Ballgown for a Song

This evening, one of the fancy dress shops downtown had a special three-hour blowout sale. Mindful that we'll be attending the Fleet and Garrison Ball again this year, I went down to the shop after work in the hope of finding a fabulous new frock at a bargain price. And I did!

I found this very classic black satin gown with a crystal beaded neckline (front and back). It needs a few alterations in the shoulders, waist and hem, but that will be quite easy to sort out. And I certainly don't mind doing it, when I'm saving 90%. Yes, that's right. The sticker price on this dress was $289, but I got it for a mere $29. WOOT!

2 comments:

Susan said...

God, but I love a bargain! Stunning dress!

Anonymous said...

Hot damn! I bow before the Bargain Queen - you rock, man... fab dress.