31 August 2008

Crash

I gave myself a good scare earlier this evening. I was down in the basement, trying to navigate around one of the bunny gates, when I tripped and fell. I'm fine - I landed on all fours, skinned my knee and got a big bump and bruise on my elbow. But afterwards I sat there and cried hysterically for about ten minutes, cursing myself for being so stupid and careless and panicking about what might have happened if I'd landed on my belly.

I've been meaning to write a long pregblog entry (and will soon), but this evening's episode is pretty typical of the bouts of (mainly groundless and irrational) fear I've been having the past six weeks or so. I've always heard that it's a pretty common experience among pregnant women, but that doesn't make it any less difficult. Gah. *exhales*

That's not to say there haven't been lots of good things too - next time, I'll be sure to blog about those. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey - maybe this is a sign you should retire to bed and have A. wait on you hand and foot.

My mother fell on me at 7 months. I like to think the concussion made me what I am today ;)

C.