18 February 2009

Back to Asia, One Last Time

So I'm headed back to Vietnam this Friday, for the final time before the project that I manage ends next month. I have a full week of meetings in Hue City next week, before saying goodbye to some of the very nice people I have worked with over the past four and a half years. Who knows when I will ever go back?

As usual, I am taking advantage of the trip and having a few days of holidays after my work is finished. My friend H. and I will head from Hue City down to Hoi An - an ancient fishing village and UNESCO World Heritage Site - for two nights. Very much looking forward to that. Afterwards, H. will head for Hanoi to visit relatives, and I will carry on to Hong Kong, where I'll stay for three nights. I absolutely loved HK when I first visited there in 2006, but since I had such a short stay then, I figured a return trip was in order.

I arrive back home very late on 4 March - two weeks from now - but will be posting updates here as I expect to have good Internet access during my trip. In the interim, our neighbour the designer will keep the kitchen renovation ticking over - so there will of course be a short hiatus in my Reno Diary. Looking forward to seeing what work will be done by the time I get back.

No comments: