06 April 2009

London Town, Yeah London City

I've booked my 2009 holiday, and simply cannot wait. I'm heading to London for just over a week in May, with a quick pit stop in Dublin on the return journey. It will be my first trip back to Europe in an unbelievable five years (after last autumn's vacation to Paris got cancelled). I will NEVER stay away so long again.

Anyway, it's a girls' holiday - I'm travelling with JT and will meet her over there. We've rented a flat in nouveau-boho Bermondsey, a neigbourhood in SE1 that I know not at all, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. (As an added bonus, my friends C. and P. live not half a mile away from our rental flat.) We've got a pretty busy week planned, including museums, London Walks, theatre, and the Chelsea Flower Show, as well as a day trip down to my old stomping grounds in Brighton and a big birthday party for a friend of JT's. It should be a blast - I absolutely cannot wait to reacquaint myself with the city.

After our time is up in London, JT is headed for Spain to attend a conference. Rather than just fly home, I decided to hop over to Dublin for two nights, for a quick visit (though now I wish I was staying longer). My old friend and work colleague E. has kindly offered me a place to stay while I'm there, and I'm really looking forward to catching up and seeing how the city has changed since I left. Not forgetting to make time for a fabulous lunch in the cafe at Avoca, of course!

Just checked the calendar - I leave in just over six weeks! Yay!!

No comments: