26 December 2005

On the Feast of Stephen

Well, it's been quite a relaxed day. A. and I dashed home earlier to gather up some stuff to take up to Cape Breton with us tomorrow. Opened some more presents as well, which was very good.

I didn't ask for anything in particular, but got lots of nice things anyway. Multiple bottles of booze, books, pieces of jewellery, choccies and candies; a crystal vase; a velvet shoe bag; tree ornaments; a glass bowl...et cie. A.'s family also gave us a very nice fireplace set (poker, tongs, shovel, etc.) which we really needed as we use our fireplace quite a lot now. My parents gave me my present early - I got a box of over a hundred vintage postcards, which they got a few months ago at auction. Nearly all of them date from the 1900s to the 1920s and they are absolutely wonderful...now I just need to figure out a nice way to display them.

Tonight it's another groaning dinner, before we battle the continuing torrential rain (which is melting all the snow, happily) en route to CB in the morning. In the meantime, over at the McWetlog, my friend Jonathan has presented a selection of holiday tunes for your consideration...heh heh.

No comments: