18 February 2006

Bow To My Greatness

...for I am the ticket queen. Heh heh.

I have tickets for INXS and the Junos, woot woot! Though not without the usual drama.

INXS purchase yesterday very fraught. Logged in at 9 am on the dot, was allocated reasonably good seats in the lower bowl for myself, W., and G. Went to the checkout and the site slowed to a crawl. Entered my credit card info...system dithered endlessly...finally got the White Screen of Death. And of course, when I went back in to re-select seats, about 15 minutes had passed and the best seats available were in the upper bowl. Feh - I hate it when that happens. But no matter - at least we have tix (the show was sold out within an hour, and the Metro Centre seats about 10,000).

Then this morning - wonder of wonders - I got two tickets for the Junos! And with absolutely no fuss either - weird. I figured I didn't have a chance with those, as there are apparently relatively few available for the general public (most are going to industry types and their hangers-on). I started queuing at 9.45, the system let me in at 10 am, and by 10.02 the e-tickets were in my mailbox. Mind you, we'll be seated way the hell up in the gods, but I didn't expect better. I logged back in at 10.06 just to check how things were going - sold out! Whew.

No comments: