04 February 2006

WTF?!? Part the Second

Wowee...it's been a while since I started this occasional series, hasn't it?

Popped round to the shops this morning. Just having a browse, when I discovered an altogether curious thing in the lingerie department. Seemingly, one can now purchase bras in half-sizes. Which, in a larger range, might perhaps make some sense. But the ones I looked at on the rack today were size 32½A. That's as in, half an A-cup. Why? How would this differ from the iconic 32AA of Judy Blume fame? Is it bigger? Smaller? Perhaps the most important question, however, is this: when one is so modestly endowed, can a precise fit be that important?


Looking at this particular garment earlier today, I recalled the memorable words of one of my aunts, first uttered many years ago: "That's not a bra - that's a baby chee-chee holder."

2 comments:

Jonathan Crowe said...

The question is, does that ½ represent 32½ inches, or half an A? I would have assumed the former, myself.

J. said...

Nope, it's definitely the latter. It refers to the cup size, not the band size.

The thought of half an A ('half of Almost' as Himself commented) is still bizarre to me.