02 April 2006

Results Pretty Much In

Well, I'm not really sure why we're going to the Junos broadcast tonight. Awards were actually handed out last night at a private gala downtown - thirty-two of them. That leaves just seven to be awarded tonight. What the hell? A two-hour show and seven awards? I mean, I understand them banishing awards in genres like classical, jazz, gospel and children's (?) to a pre-awards ceremony. But categories like best pop and rock albums, best R&B, international group and album, new artist, and group of the year?! (full list of winners here)

Enough grumbling for the mo...right now I'm listening to perhaps the most meaningful Juno Weekend event, the
Songwriters' Circle, live on CBC Radio 1. It's being broadcast from the Dal Arts Centre...and if I were smart, I'd have gotten tix for that too.

No comments: