09 May 2006

INXS

Just in from the INXS show at the Metro Centre, and it was pretty good. I wasn't blown away or anything (wasn't expecting to be), but it was a good solid show. I'd forgotten how many INXS songs I knew - and they've stood the test of time pretty well, in my opinion.

All the hits covered - "Need You Tonight", "Suicide Blonde", "What You Need", "Devil Inside", "New Sensation", "Never Tear Us Apart" (my personal favourite)...etc. etc. And the new stuff stood up very well - "Pretty Vegas" in particular sounded excellent.

JD Fortune did not disappoint the hometown crowd. Somebody threw a Nova Scotia flag onstage, which he used as a prop all evening. And at one point, he changed into a t-shirt which read 'Bluenoser'. Needless to say, the crowd howled at his every move. It was quite amazing - I didn't watch "Rock Star: INXS" at all when it was on TV last summer, so I didn't really get the whole JD thing. He's quite the character. But I'm not sure he's really to my taste. He's certainly a good-looking, sexy guy, but he tries a bit too hard, in my opinion. He's rather keen on suggestive dancing, and at one point during the show, he did some very rude things to his microphone stand. I dunno - some women would probably find that hot, but I just laughed and felt a bit embarrassed for him. ;-)

Ultimately, I did find myself thinking wistfully of Michael Hutchence throughout the show. I so wished I'd had the chance to see him perform before he died. JD turns in a respectable performance, and has doubtless won INXS legions of new fans. But Michael can never be replaced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did he say boobies?

miss fortunate said...

it was a great concert, Inxs outdid themselves, can't wait for their next tour here in NS