25 September 2006

Class List

The Registrar's Office at the university where I'm teaching next term sent me a class list today in the post. There are 28 students registered in my class so far, and I'm hoping - given the time that marking essays and exams takes - that the numbers won't get much higher (there's a cap of 50 on the class). There's bound to be a few latecomers who will register towards the end of term, but some will undoubtedly drop out just after the class starts.

So far, all my students are second- and third-years. Interestingly, fully half of them are male - which is unusual given that this particular university is 80 percent women. Also, only half of them are history majors. The rest are a mix of English, psychology, and a few others, along with the usual handful of general studies and 'undecided' types.

I must say, I'm quite looking forward to meeting them all.

No comments: