27 September 2006

Quick! Where's My Passport?!?

Just speaking with my boss earlier - turns out he definitely wants me to attend my project's big annual meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam this winter! YAY!!

The meeting will be held from 11-15 December, but I will probably have to leave with the rest of the group (there will be about ten of us going from Halifax) on the 8th or 9th - need to arrive a day early and get over the jetlag, before the meetings begin. We will probably aim to leave Hanoi the evening of the 15th.

While I'm certainly looking forward to Hanoi, I must admit I'm more excited by the fact that flights there are usually routed via Hong Kong. I've always wanted to see Hong Kong and it seems likely that we'll have to spend one night there, anyway - but if it doesn't add anything to the cost of my ticket (unlikely) then I will see if I can spend an extra night in Hong Kong, under my own steam. That'd be amazing.

I tell you, after two years of planning travel for everyone else on this project, it's very, very nice to finally be invited to travel myself. I can't wait!

No comments: