23 November 2006

Cheated!

Last night, I was really looking forward watching to Madonna's concert film, screened on NBC. Mainly because, when I saw the show in person in June, J. and I officially had the Worst Seats In The Bell Centre, and half of the stage wasn't visible to us.

So I settled in at 9 pm last night, and loved most of it. It was especially enjoyable because of the sound quality. Our terrible seats in Montreal also had really bad acoustics, so at the time we couldn't hear alot of the more subtle things going on during the performance.

So imagine my dismay when, at about 10.35 pm (with nearly half an hour still to go in the broadcast), the transmission just froze. It wasn't the TV, and it wasn't a general cable problem - obviously, there was some issue with NBC's transmission in our region (no doubt the fault of the cable company). An hour later, when I went to bed, there was still nothing but a frozen screen on NBC.

Bah...what a damp squib. I was quite annoyed. The transmission cut out right at the start of the big disco finale, too - probably the best part of the show.

Guess I'm just going to have to buy the DVD when it comes out, now.

No comments: