23 May 2007

Wisdom Teeth *ow*

I'm going into hospital tomorrow. I've an appointment in the oral-maxillofacial clinic to have my lower wisdom teeth dug out of me head. Ow ow ow.

I had my upper ones yanked years ago (by a dodgy NHS dentist in England, no less - but that's another story). I've been meaning to have the lower ones out for a while now, but kept putting it off. Since they're only partially erupted, I knew it wouldn't be a very straightforward process. But the recurring pain they cause is getting worse, so it's time I sucked it up and had the problem taken care of.

I'm hoping for a relatively speedy recovery, but I've heard stories of anywhere from 1 to 7-day recovery times. I'll just have to wait and see. Meantime, I need to stock up tonight on soups, ice cream, and the like - as well as a couple of movies, in case I'm feeling too wretched to do much other than lie on the couch these next few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eck. Feel better soon...

Jennifer said...

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out at once. I lost my chin for a week but it didn't hurt much after the first day or so. Having friends come over and make me laugh hurt more! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think you view use this as an opportunity to lie in bed and/or on the sofa, be waited on hand & foot,* and drink nothing but martinis [what? there's ice in 'em] and milkshakes all the live long day.

*Or I'll send Edvard back over to glare at Andrew until he does your bidding.

Hope it goes smoothly!