18 August 2007

Cirque du Soleil

This afternoon, I went to see Cirque du Soleil live, for the first time. They are doing nine performances of their 'Saltimbanco' show in town this week, all of which sold out in a flash. I was lucky enough to find someone (via Facebook Marketplace!) who was looking to resell their tickets at face value, so I snapped them up.

What an amazing show - such a riot of colour (and just what I needed, as I was feeling a bit glum). The clowns, the acrobats, the jugglers, the musicians, the dancers, the contortionists, the mimes...everything. Best of all, in my opinion, were the bungee trapeze artists, who closed the show and were quite simply breathtaking. I found a video of them over on You Tube here, but of course it just doesn't compare to seeing it right in front of you. I felt like I was flying with them!

No comments: