25 September 2007

House Pics

I consider my home to be my most valued possession, and I love decorating and making it look nice. Recently, I took a bunch of new photos of the interior, in order to update the album of house pics I had on Flickr. Since making that first album, we've done loads more redecorating, so there's a fair bit more to see. The album can be found here.

I'm quite pleased with how the house is looking now, after nearly three years of mostly cosmetic work on it. There's only one major job left to undertake, and it's a doozy - the kitchen. We've been saving up to completely re-do it, hopefully next year. There's a funny little pantry room next to the kitchen which doesn't see that much use. I'd like to knock down the adjoining wall in order to enlarge the existing kitchen, which is a little small (for the size of the house) and doesn't have much counter space. So it's going to be an expensive job, with structural work, new cabinetry, countertops and floors. Not to mention appliances, since the only thing there at the moment worth keeping is the dishwasher.

No comments: