30 November 2007

Victoria is Back!

O happy day!!! Tonight I found out that Victoria, my favourite magazine ever (which ceased publication four years ago) has been relaunched!

I was doing some shopping earlier at La Cache (always big Victoria advertisers) and spied a stack of magazines on the shelf. At first, I thought they were copies of Victoria decorating or cook books (since those are still in print), or perhaps some old issues being used as a display prop. It was only when I picked one up and saw the cover headline that the penny dropped.
I was gobsmacked. The salesgirls had a giggle at me, and said they've lost count of how many women have come into the shop over the past week or two, seen the magazine, and had the same utterly delighted reaction.

Though the new Victoria is only going to be a bimonthly to start, and has a new editor and publisher at the helm, so far everything bodes well. It looks exactly the same inside as it always did (and sure, that means it's still twee as all hell - but I love it anyway). Even their old website has been relaunched, complete with readers' forum.

Needless to say, I have once again filled out a subscription card. YAY!!!!!

No comments: