29 December 2007

Festive Vintage Bargains

J. is in NS this week, visiting with her family, and so popped down to the city yesterday for a short overnight visit. We did our usual round of lunch, shopping and spa visit, which was all very nice. I also introduced her, yesterday and again this morning, to the delights of Halifax's vintage clothing boutiques. We hit four different places, and J. came away with a pile of fantastic things for next to no money (while these shops aren't terribly expensive to begin with, they're all having half-price sales at the moment). Her finest find was most definitely a black silk Ralph Lauren evening gown, priced at $20.50. I myself snagged an Italian merino wool sweater for $11, a lovely tailored wool jacket for $5, and a beaded evening bag for $2. As J. exclaimed in the dressing room at The Clotheshorse this morning, "I'll never buy retail again!" Haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes... as God is my witness... I'll never buy retail again! (until next week when those 70% off sales start...) Thanks for an awesome visit, as always my dear.