19 December 2007

Go East, Young Woman

Today, I confirmed that I will be going back to the Far East this winter, for my work. Yay! You may recall that this time last year, I was in Hanoi, Vietnam, attending the annual meeting of the project I manage at work, and had a short stopover in Hong Kong on the way home. Our next annual meeting is scheduled for 25-29 February 2008, and this time it will be held in Iloilo, Philippines (which is home to one of our project's partner universities).

I booked my flights this afternoon, so everything is set. It turned out that the cheapest routing for this trip is via Japan (as you can't fly direct to the Philippines from Canada). So on the return trip, I have arranged to have another two-night stopover, in TOKYO! Woo hoo! I can't tell you how excited I am - I have always wanted to visit Japan. Obviously, two nights will only just allow me to have a taster, but that's OK - I'll take it.

I plan to spend at least a little time over the Christmas break poring over guidebooks and making plans for this trip. And the last week of February is perfect - the weather is so miserable at that time, and the post-holiday blahs are in full swing, so it will be wonderful to have something like that to look forward to. Plus, the Philippines will be lovely and warm at that time of year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kewl - bring me back somethin good