25 February 2008

Hot New Camera

I picked up a new digital camera at the weekend. I've been looking for one for a few months now; my old camera's shutter has been making funny noises, in addition to being a bit banged up from A. borrowing it repeatedly to take into the clinic. (I've now bequeathed it to him, so he can do whatever he likes with it.)

I decided to get a 7.2 megapixel Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W55. My old camera is also a Cyber-Shot (a DSC-P73), but the W55 has made some nice improvements in design. It's much tinier, thinner and altogether sexier, with a large LCD screen, improved battery performance and a more user-friendly zoom function. Unfortunately, like the P73, it still has a mode dial, which I don't particularly like - I was looking for a camera with a mode switch instead, which is not easy to find. At least the W55 has fewer modes on its dial, although the dial itself is physically smaller (which kind of negates any benefit).

Still in all, I'm quite pleased with it. I got it on sale at 30% off the regular price, which is good. Plus, I'm vain enough to admit that what really sold me was the aesthetics. It's completely adorable. It's pink, and comes with a teeny matching pink leather case! So cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sex-aaaaay!