20 February 2008

I'm An LT Reviewer

Recently, those nice folks at LibraryThing introduced a new feature called Early Reviewers. They get free advance copies of new books from publishers; LT members can apply to review them; a few are chosen to recieve said copies, in the hopes that they will read them and post their reviews on LT. (You don't have to post a review, but if you don't, you're unlikely to be sent any more advance copies in future.)

This month, it was my turn to get lucky. I'm getting an advance copy of
26 Gorgeous Hikes on the Western Côte d'Azur by Florence Chatzigianis. Since I enjoy travel guidebooks, I'm quite looking forward to it - even though my only personal experience of hiking the Côte d'Azur consists of an idyllic two-hour stroll around Cap Ferrat on a hot, sunny afternoon in June 2004. (Jealous? You should be - it was fabulous. Heh.)

No comments: