27 June 2009

New Curtains

Four years ago, I made Roman blinds for both our living room and the French doors in the dining room. While I was really happy with how the dining room ones turned out, I thought the ones in the living room were just OK. They looked like this:


The central one is a little too wide to be practical - plus, they don't do much to keep out cold draughts during winter. So last year, I started thinking about hanging proper lined curtains there instead.

Over the winter, I bought some fabric I really liked, on sale. And then I decided to hire a professional to do the actual work. ;-) Not only would it take loads of time and patience for me to learn how to make lined curtains, but I had no physical space to do so over the past few months. So based on the recommendation of some friends, I got them made up at the local fabric store. It cost a lot less than I thought it would, and I think they look great!

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/panopticon2/3665601671/)

No comments: