25 November 2005

Shopping Insanity

The US papers and websites are full of stories about shopping today. I hadn't realised until after we moved home last year that the day after Thanksgiving in America was such a big deal, when it comes to the sales. All these crazy stories about people getting up at 4 am to go to the mall and get a few bucks off some useless gadget...it's mental. I guess maybe it's similar to the Boxing Day sales here - which I must admit I often attend, but in a very strategic manner (i.e. only when there's a specific item I've had my eye on - I go in as soon as the shops open, grab said item, then get the hell out).

All that said, I'm heading back to Montreal next weekend and hope there will be good sales on, as I need to finish my Christmas shopping and get some new clothes for work.

No comments: