26 July 2008

X-Files Movie

Went along to the cinema to see the new X-Files movie, I Want to Believe, last night. Maybe I'm too sentimental, but I enjoyed it well enough. The storyline had a fair few holes, mind, and sitting there in between a vet and a medical doctor, I heard periodic snorts of disbelief from time to time. Then again, plenty of classic X-Files episodes have involved wacked-out medical freakery (Eugene Tooms, anyone?), so suspension of disbelief is definitely required.

Given that I never expected this film would see the light of day, I was happy enough with it. I'm not sure how well it will do at the box office, though - X-Philes will obviously check it out, but beyond that, I'm not sure how broad its appeal will be. As for myself, I was just content to wallow in a little nostalgia for a few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*snort*